View Single Post
Old 27th September 2010, 07:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I posted a while ago about the fuzzyness or grain on the Bluray being quite disappointing. But as that was the first time I had seen the film I couldn't compare. I watched the film on the horror channel last night and I have to say that I enjoyed it more because it didn't have any grain. Does the dvd version suffer from grain, or just the Bluray? Does Inferno or any other Arrow bluray suffer from this much grain? There are some good bits of picture on the Bluray but most of them are spoiled by the sheer fuzzyness. Anyone agree/disagree?
I have to disagree. Old movies are going to get grain because of the print used at the time. If you have to take out the grain, you to apply some filter in the image and I donĀ“t like twikering. I prefer to see the movie has it was originaly filmed. Take the example of Ghostbuster and American Werewolf In London, both of them have grain but that was the way they were filmed. If you put some filters, you will take out the grain but lose the original definition of the image.