View Single Post
Old 30th September 2010, 12:00 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I don't care if they do re-release all their titles if it means we get some more obscure new releases further down the line. Shameless are a small indy label, and need to build revenue wherever they can find it.

From a marketing pov it's a pretty wise move releasing this boxset, as a) it's better value than buying the three individual releases, b) the striking cover art will probably attract more interest in the Shameless label, and c) a boxset release will sometimes introduce customers to new films they otherwise may not have bought singularly - meaning they may want to check out more.

Ditto for the individual Bronx Trilogy releases too. In fact, at the time when the Trilogy tin was first released, I seem to remember some people asking whether the titles would eventually be released individually, and Almar said that they would be.

Bigger companies are always re-releasing titles, and most of them have money to burn.

I am also one who agrees that any re-release should not be part of the standard numbering system.