View Single Post
Old 1st October 2010, 06:40 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter neal View Post
you're right about chattaway's score, though i still think his masterpiece is the music to "maniac".
"maniac cop" is allright, but i always felt it's not quite as good as it could have been, not only because of tom atkin's untimely exit (i like a surprise or two, but not when they concern a film's most likeable character).

He has a pretty thankless role in "lethal weapon", though his "confession scene" is one of the film's highlights.

I liked his turn in "my bloody valentine 3d" too, particularly his scenes with kevin tighe. Good to see character actors like these in modern slashers- though they'd deserve more screen time.
The best thing about "MANIAC" was the score. The commentary was a good laugh, i recommend that. It features Bill Lustic, Tom Savini, Luke Walters, and the films editor. It tickled me in places this did. Those Caroline Munro scenes in the film did'nt work at all, it was laughable really. And the scene featuring the maniac and Munro enjoying dinner together at a "Clam" restaurant. It has to be seen to be believed, it's like some sort of joke. It's very funny though. I do miss not seeing Joe Spinell appearing in films these day's. A sad end to a fine actor...

Last edited by Mahoney32; 2nd October 2010 at 09:18 AM.