View Single Post
Old 10th October 2010, 12:57 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playzocker View Post
How about taking some covers with the 25-27 numbering and offering it to collectors. They write their address to a specified email address and get the new covers shipped to them for free.
While this is a great idea, I think Steve's right. The shipping costs could prove too much for a small company like Shameless and so would make it unworkable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playzocker View Post
OR, I have another simple but a little stupid idea: How about releasing a new 21? Technically, there hasn't been a 21 in the series (the tin's not 'spinally' numbered and even the amarays are 21.1-3 and not "just" 21) so that collector's can fit both the tin and the single releases at the 25-27 hole. Only thing we than need is ANY movie to carry a 21 on it's spine. Collection complete.
Like Steve said, there are no stupid ideas and this one could have the potential to work. The decision would be ultimately up to Shameless but I know they will definitely have a look at this thread to see what fans want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
well, it's a tiny bit of a missed opportunity, but i totally understand shameless' position, and to tell the truth i'm over it. i'll still buy everything shameless release that isn't a reissue, and to hell with the numbered spines. i want this company to keep going, it seems they've barely begun to scratch the surface of what they could potentially bring us, it's very exiting and i dont want it to end. infact, i might buy a fulci boxset anyway, i never thought i'd buy a cut copy of the new york ripper, and now i'll have two! that's the kind of loyalty a company like shameless inspires and deserves. long live shameless!
Thank you very muchly, Rhodes - this is much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGGPodcast View Post
Perhaps it'll do me good breaking me out of my OCD collector ways!
I think I could do with that too. I found myself berating my brother the other night when he put the Euro sexploitation trilogy back in the wrong order. Took a great deal of self-control but I left them out of order for a whole 24 hours before I caved!