View Single Post
Old 18th October 2010, 05:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Here's my story:

Everyone knows that feeling. When you see something in the corner of your eye, what was it? It was probably nothing right? Just your imagination? Well, I used to think that.
I used to live in a large field in South Wales, nothing around us for miles. We were pretty isolated and had to drive at least 2 hours to get to the nearest shop. The house me and my parents lived in was apparently 200 odd years old and used to be a jail. This would explain the basement, which was stone walled, and separated into cell-like sections. Anyway... I used to get left on my own a lot while my parents went out for the night. My room was the basement.
It was fairly dark in the basement cause there was no windows and only my lights. I remember I was watching The Amityville Horror. I remember this because I haven’t been able to watch the original version ever since. I had my own sofa and was lying down, in the dark with just the light from my TV. There was a stair set going up to the first floor of the house in the corner of my eye. It had a lightbulb that was on but it only really lit up the stairs. Anyway, I was watching The Amityville Horror, I remember it was on the part where the priest was getting attacked by flies. When, in the corner of my eye, I saw a shadow. I thought nothing of it... but as time went by, the shadow kept appearing in the corner of my eye, never when I was looking straight at the stairs, only in the corner of my eye.
As the night went on, it was getting more and more frequent. I jokingly said “come in! Don’t stand by the stairs.” When I heard I faint mumbling noise. Now I was freaked out. I eventually shook it off and returned to watching the film, but again, in the corner of my eye, was the shadow. Only this time, it was blocking out the whole of the light that was on the stairs. I looked over to the stairs, and I’ll never forget what I saw. A pair of black, kind of smoke like legs walking up the stairs, making footsteps and walking quite slow. It reached the top of the stairs, I heard the mumbling once again, then the legs disappeared, but.. the door opened with such force, only to SLAM shut. I think it’s safe to say that I wasn’t sleeping in the basement anymore.

Might write another one too, but I'll make that one up.