View Single Post
Old 26th October 2010, 11:37 AM
Cult Rookie

Have to agree with everybody on here. I had a fantastic time on Sunday!! Loved it from start to finish (the white russians from the bar were simply divine!! )

My personal highlight was seeing Demons on the big screen. Also a big thumbs up to the GFT for holding the event and doing such a quick and efficient job when the sound went a bit wonky at the start of Demons. I used to work at Filmhouse in Edinburgh and know what an absolute head-ache these things can be. You can always rely on a genre crowd to be very polite and patient when these things occur.

No big loss about Mastorakis not turning up. I preferred the Goat and the SHAMELESS Edinburgh B-Team plug!

Got my Demons dvd signed by Sergio (very nice chap) even though I'd come unprepared without a pen (thanks to the guy with the Dellamorte Dellamore laserdisc for lending me his!).

The best part was the fact I went with two friends who'd never heard of Herschell Gordon Lewis, never seen Island of Death, didn't know anything about the orginal Expose and hadn't seen Demons before!! Suffice to say, there are now two new converts to Cult-labs and these amazing events.

All in all a great day and night. Now....I wonder if there'll be a screening of Deep Red anytime soon...

Oh! And it was a real coup inviting Francesca Ciardi to the event!! She's great!