View Single Post
Old 4th November 2010, 11:27 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
I don't mean to criticize but... isn't the artwork with the big octopus a bit misleading. I've told a friend of mine about this release and the movie for having been a prototypical slasher and he got so confused. He thought that there was an actual mutated octopus involved. Whe you appeal to a crowd who may not have heard of this movie, and a lot of slasher afficionados currently buying were born long after this movie was released, they can easily skip it when they're browsing if something looks wrong. It looks sci-fi-ish to me.
I agree with you about being misleading. But have you ever picked up a dvd because of the front cover? If like me then yes. Have you ever bought that dvd without reading the info on the back? If like me then no.

This cover is to make the film stand out and get the casual buyer to pick it up, then decide if the film is of there liking. If there was only this cover then, I think it would be a problem especially for collectors. But we get more cover options to best suit the film.