View Single Post
Old 25th November 2010, 11:41 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Some great recommendations on this thread - and I'll add my admiration for Sergio Grieco's Beast With a Gun (La belva col mitra), which was out on DVD from Anchor Bay US. It's a relentless rollercoaster ride of sleaze and violence. The film literally just lurches from one outrageous set piece to another. Absolutely brilliant - and I'm convinced the razor scene at the end of the film must have gone some way to influencing a similar scene in Deodato's House on the Edge of the Park. Helmut Berger is on fine, maniacal form and there's also the lovely Marisa Mell.

Revolver is another good one which features an irresistible pairing of Oliver Reed and Fabio Testi and it's all good stuff. Sergio Sollima directs with a sure hand and it's a thoroughly entertaining ride - Testi and Reed have surprisngly effective on-screen chemistry. Best line from the film: 'I'm gonna turn this town inside out like a sock!'

Redneck (Senza ragione) is one that isn't brilliant, but nevertheless I have a fondness for it. I just found it funny and entertaining - especially the way Terry Savalas' character blames everyone else for his wrongdoing 'Look what you made me do!' Again, I found the pairing of Telly Savalas and Franco Nero too much to resist. So...I'd recommend this one if you can find it, I really enjoyed it.