View Single Post
Old 27th November 2010, 10:28 AM
Cult Rookie

I might be wrong, but I think this is what JM is confused about.

He's talking about the Director's Cut, and I'm not sure if he's totally got what's happening, but I might be wrong.

James, the Director’s Cut is in English for most of the film. However, the extra portions (the bits not in the shorter cut) were never dubbed into English, so they're in Italian with English subs. It's not the whole cut in Italian with English subs, just those parts. Arrow can't provide what doesn't exist.

As far as I can tell, you can also watch the Director's Cut entirely in Italian with English subs throughout if you wish, and the Theatrical Cut in either language.

Hope I've got that right.

If there's any confusion it's because if the extremely unusual situation we are in of having most of the longer cut in English, but with some parts only in Italian. To be fair to all concerned it's very difficult to label/list specs in a way that's immediately obvious as to what's going on.

Well done to Arrow for getting the kitchen sink in here – I think they’ve included everything that’s available. Now my only concern is the quality of the PQ in high def, which I won’t know about until I actually see the film on my projector.

Steve W