View Single Post
Old 20th December 2010, 12:19 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
Strangely enough, noone's mentioned Star Wars!

I had a bunch of the original first release figures, as well as a small X-Wing and Landspeeder. I had:

Luke Skywalker
Han Solo
Princess Leia
Obi Wan Kenobi
Darth Vader
C3PO
R2D2
Sand Person
Greedo
Hammerhead

All out of the first 12/20. I just looked back through some old Ebay auctions. Kept all the original card backings and bubbles although they were pretty ripped up but it's quite crazy what I got for them. R2D2 was the biggest seller at nearly £25! Shame I deleted all the pictures. Poor old Hammerhead could only muster £9..

These were actually some of the last toys I got. A couple of years later it was all about a Stereo and albums for Christmas.
I had the Luke and Vader (1978 versions)with the lightsabers that fiited into the arms so they could slide in and out, found out a while ago they were worth about £50 at the time and my mum GAVE THEM AWAY. Now the Darth Vader has an average value of $6000

I also had the limited edition character called 'Snaggletooth' in blue that you had to send away for by collecting the name plaqes from the other characters packaging. It now has a value of around $400.

As I said my Mum gave them all away for nowt!!!

If in space no one can hear you scream...why do you always hear a spaceship go past???