View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2011, 06:29 PM
Cult Rookie

Adulthood [2008]
I enjoyed the first one as it was a good reflection (albeit a sad one) of many area's in London , this one was ok. Suffered from the same faults the first one did especially the fact there is barely a likable character in the film. I could see where they was going with Sam's character trying to sort his life out but still haunted by his past but for anyone who's seen the original he's still the murderer who killed the most sympathetic character of Kidulthood. It wasn't too bad overall, soundtrack wasn't as good this time round & didn't seem as hard hitting. Was decent enough though

Fitzcarraldo [1982]
First film I've seen from my Herzog/Kinski boxset. Such an ambitious film that has tons of legendary tales about what went down on the set. Similar in some respects to There Will Be Blood, one mans obsession with what he's out to achieve. Didn't feel it's 2 hour 30 length though it probably could of done with a little more drama in the script. Too much time was spent just lingering over the scenery which always looked impressive but that time could of been spent more wisely on building up characters as really only Fitzgerald was given any real depth. Hugely impressive, just not as gripping as perhaps it should of been.

Assault On Dome 4 [1997]
Picked it up for two quid because it had the mighty Bruce Campbell in it. Was Pretty ****ing bad Super low-budget terrorists in space type deal with Campbell playing the lead villain. It was entertaining but had it not had Campbell's Shakespeare quotes & some overacting it would be been unwatchable. Not bad enough to be 'so good it's bad' so was kind of forgettable.