View Single Post
Old 28th January 2011, 12:09 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbarr View Post
Absolutely no point in Shameless going for this...the US Blu ray (& upcoming DVD) are as good as it gets on this one & anyone who wants it will go for it..Shameless would only get very minimum sales from people who are not multi region
Surely then it was pointless for them to release New York Ripper, Black Cat, Night Train Murders and My Dear Killer.

When I sold my edited VTC release quite recently I got £23, with 13 unique bidders.. While 13 interested parties are not enough to warrant a release it does indicate a need still for the movie. My unedited video sold at the start of 2010 for £87.

You also need to take into account a Shameless release would be cheaper for the UK consumer to buy than a US edition, they do not have to worry about having a multi-regional player. And for European buyers, easy to get hold of.

If I had to choose between the US release and a Shameless print I'd go Shameless everytime.

I believe a UK release would fair better than a US release because here it was an incredibly popular video rental whereas it was not in the US, and despite what some think, demand for this movie is still incredibly high! And unlike other movies that have different editions in every country, this would be one of two releases in the world. If Shameless made the cover as compelling to see as VTC's release (granted a head might not be possible) there is no doubt people would buy it.... Especially if they could get the VTC release head on the cover.

Next someone will say its pointless releasing Mrs Wardh because the Noshame edition is good enough.

I like Almost Human, but will it sell big in the UK? Honestly? However go into HMV and see the words Alien and a decapitated head on the cover, and it wont matter if you have never heard of it, people will buy it. Meanwhile HMV wont even know where to place Mrs Wardh, and Almost Human (if they even carry it), and then all that will buy will undoubtedly have heard of them before.

I'm not being confrontational but to say there is no point to this is much the same as saying, there is no point to having a full set of teeth.