View Single Post
Old 28th January 2011, 03:54 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
Did you have both VTC releases? The stand alone one and the one on a double bill with nightmare City? I was always under the impression that the stand alone one was uncut and the double bill one was cut.

Also VTC has completists who want to collect the whole label (as with a lot of pre-cert labels) and some people collect pre-certs and don't even watch them and just collect for the packaging etc. So I reckon it sold that high on the strength of it being on VTC and a pre-cert myself.

I'm not sure exactly how it worked but in short I had two Alien Terror VHS's both looked exactly the same externally. However in one print you see the little girls face that comes into contact with the crystal/rock.. In the other you dont. Interestingly the one that you do, I had still from my Video Shop days, and had one of those fake BBFC stickers on it that they issued until you could get the tapes replaced/returned for certification.

But still my point remains, why would there be any less reason for release than the likes of Mrs Wardh, or Almost Human. While Alien Terror is sci-fi horror granted unlike the others I still believe there is as much of a market for Alien Terror as there is for other releases.