View Single Post
Old 29th January 2011, 02:23 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Wasn't that the reason for the use of such extreme cinematography? To make you feel disorientated and sick. Along with the soundtrack that was also designed to make you feel ill and dizzy and the backwards structure of the film's simplistic narrative, Irreversible is one film that really does try to make the viewer queesy. It's brilliant! I guess it worked on you then, Nos

Recently I've been watching quite a few films, some Bigfoot. Saw Black Swan about a week ago and was blown away by its sheer beauty and power - highly recommened!

Also saw John Carpenter's 'comeback' The Ward Oh, boy. This was an utter mess! An unbelievably weak plot with a stupid as hell twist, ridiculous and ANNOYING characters and cram packed to the brim with cliches and stereotypes this is one film I highly recommend AVOIDING! Carpenter, I am disapoint. It's a lot worse that Romero's or Argento's latest films, which is saying a lot. It's not even so-bad-it's-gold. You know a film is terrible is when the only redeeming factor is the appearance of a female character who looks like she's been beaten with the miserable and stroppy stick.

As finally got around to A Serbian Film - the UK cut. I thought it was excellent. It's very well made and all that, blah blah blah, I was more interested in seeing why it's so shocking. Well, now I know. Although I wasn't disturbed by it, it definetly has many brilliantly twisted scenes in (although I did guess the 'twist' before the unmasking towards the end)

Also saw Bone Sickness on the Unearthed Films label. Seen it before. Lots and lots of lovely gore (and one very nasty scene involving worms), but there's nothing else worth watching it for imo. Just the gore. But that's enough! There's plenty of it!

Oh oh oh, nearly forgot, also watched the obscure little film Weasles Ripped My Flesh. This film is pure genius, I kid you not. Full of hillariously terrible moments you cant help but adore it. A total WTF ending to boot. Highly recommend this for fans of so-bad-its-good, cult, obscure, creature-features Plus the DVD comes with some of the directors early shorts which are equally amazing!