View Single Post
Old 24th February 2011, 06:26 PM
Cult Rookie

Send a message via MSN to kbx 295
Default Favourite Twilight Zone Original Series Episodes

The Twilight Zone in it's original incarnation, was arguably not just one of the finest genre based shows ever conceived and televised, but amongst the very best shows of any kind, produced for the small screen. It certainly is the benchmark by which all other anthologised formatted programmes, must be judged. The quality of it's storytelling and scripts was relatively high across it's original run - all the more remarkable, considering the small group of writers, who gave their creative input towards it, plus the large amount of episodes which were produced. Fans have a rich bounty to pick from, when it comes to choosing favourite stories. Here I list a few of mine. Some have achieved critically high reputations in fan circles, others are equally deserving, I feel, of being given such a status. It will be interesting to see what other, forum members, favourite moments, were as well.

Five Characters In Search Of An Exit
The Trade-Ins
The Old Man In The Cave
Nightmare At 20,000 Feet
Time Enough At Last
To Serve Man
Living Doll
Incident At Owl Creek Bridge (not originally produced by TZ team, but taken from a French, Ambriose Bierce derived anthology movie)
Eye Of The Beholder
A Nice Place To Visit
One For The Angels
It's A Good Life

Considering there were so many episodes, can other forum members, help me to clear up the titles of some of these. It would be much appreciated.

The one with Kevin McCarthy as a near immortal being.
The one with Ciff Robertson as a 19th century frontiersman/settler who goes through a time warp, and ends ups in the next century.