View Single Post
Old 1st March 2011, 10:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist

No definite remark about surely fixing the transfer, but this is what they posted last Monday:

Quote:
We are taking this very seriously. The benefit of having PR time with check discs prior to release is it allows us to correct things where possible. They are only check discs that reviewers receive and do not always reflect the final product.

The restoration and colour grading for THE BEYOND took place in Italy by the owner of the film, we then received the HD Master in the UK where we felt that the restoration was not good enough so had additional work on the film carried out using an HD Archangel to fix and stabilise motion, weave, picture flicker, overscan and interpolation as well as MTI technology to remove marks and picture defects. Colour grading was completed in Italy and was not tampered with here, we are investigating the colour of the film from negative to master to disc and hope to have more information soon. Once we have more information we can discuss this with the technical team and ensure the right colour is properly presented on this Arrow Video edition.

Once we have further information we will happily communicate every step of the way what is happening and we hope that our customers will keep their confidence in us to deliver the best product possible come release day.
Here's what Troy Howarth @ AV Maniacs posted:

Quote:
Received word from one of the execs at Arrow that the opening of The Beyond WILL be fixed before it streets.
THE BEYOND! On Blu!

Isn't the first part, from Arrow, an admission that the opening is incorrect and that they're looking into fixing it? If it doesn't get fixed, that means they aren't willing to (or able to, I suppose, financially) fix the problem. If it doesn't get fixed, I feel like I'm being told "yeah, well, it ain't the way it's supposed to be and we know it, but suck it up anyways."