View Single Post
Old 9th March 2011, 01:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but i've seen a few posts on other sites with people moaning that it's cut and they'll stick with their uncut releases from elsewhere. Everyone is entitled to do that of course, but even with the cut, the Shameless BD will apparently be the longest version of the film available anywhere. I do find it strange that even with that knowledge, a lot of people can't see past the cut.
A lil late for a response to that - but I have to say that this DOES matter. Even though Shameless has gone through the effort of searching new material, the film is not intact in the sense Fulci wanted it to be. I find it despicable to censor movies and I hope that the BBFC will drop their medieval attitude towards certain things in the next couple of years.

I'd like to get a list of the new scenes (3 min + 15 sec) - coz to be honest: I can disclaim 15 seconds of "someone getting out of a car" when one of the key scenes from the movie has been trimmed to not upset the elderly.

P.S.: It was a tough decision to even get the Shameless DVD to complete my collection - but since it was cheap and since I have other, intact, versions of the film as well I did buy it. I'll definitely skip the Blu for now - maybe there will be a VERY good price at Amazon someday that I cannot refuse but getting movies in the way/version they were intended to be and not in the way some guy I don't give a crap about thinks I should see it.