View Single Post
Old 12th March 2011, 03:37 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I've never seen Spirits of the Dead so I'm unsure whether to rent it or just go ahead and buy it -- recommendations?
Really gorgeous overall package (you can tell they were influenced by their little brother Arrow Video). The film itself is really good, the Toby Dammit sequence (the third short story) was the best. A real nightmarish dreamlike film that could only be described as a David Lynch film on some strong hallucinatory drugs! Worth watching just for this part but maybe rent it first.
No need wasting money on a blind buy though when I'm sure there are lot's of films out there that you love and still need to own, might be best to rent first in my opinion.
I won it in a competition myself but after watching it I think I'd have picked it up if it was cheap somewhere anyway as the overall package is just great to have in my BD collection to sit alongside the Arrow Video and the upcoming Arrow Academy releases.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html