View Single Post
Old 15th March 2011, 09:18 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

I watched this tonight. I'll lay off the spoilers because a lot of people may not have seen it yet.

Very strange seeing a Twilight Zone episode that is kinda Twilight Zone, but Kinda not.

The story is pure twilight zone, a man dreams of waking up the day before Pearl Harbor. After having been watching a lot of TZ recently the length (about 45-50 minutes) does seem a tad long, and you could imagine it could have been easily re-written to Twilight Zone length. Funnily enough Serling wanted The Twilight Zone to be this length, but ended up having to accept a shorter running time, and then had to accept a longer one in season 4.

The lead in this too is an odd choice; a very un-typical leading man. A middle aged lug of a man.

Overall I find it a little un-even, and some of the time travel logic seems a little laughable after the films we've seen since. But the ending was still pretty effective, and actually un-expected for me.

This is a great little curio, you can see The Twilight Zone starting to develop before your eyes. And you also get the host Desi Arnaz casually start to try to sell you a refrigerator at the end.

Looks great in HD too.