View Single Post
Old 17th March 2011, 08:15 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Good choice! What's Ginger up to these days? I always thought that he/The Wildhearts should of been a much bigger star(s).
Definitely; a very under-rated band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Hasn't Ginger been touring as part of Michael Monroe's (Hanoi Rocks) band recently?
That's what I'd heard, too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrarghh View Post
Having just joined and been clicking through this thread, I see an amazing amount of music from my misspent youth! And, someone mentioned Pop Will Eat Itself, who were and are by far my most favourite band ever! Their sampling of obscure movies and use of cool references was amazing! (Indeed, 'Def Con One' alone introduced me to 'The Warriors', The Furry Freak Brothers and V for Vendetta). This said, I have, over the years, developed a taste for the dancier side of the spectrum (especially trance). Now, I don't want to get my head handed to me as I realise that trance is an especially hated genre, but there are some amazing tunes out there which sample obscure films. I may attempt to post a few here if I knew that I wouldn't be too badly lambasted...some actually have me stumped and I'd like to know where the samples come from. Now, I have said 'may' and not 'will' post, as I don't want to be come a persona non grata right off the bat. Just typin' aloud here...
PWEI is a favourite of mine, so it may have been me. Definitely feel free to post whatever songs take your fancy (as long as it's legal! ). Everyone likes different stuff, and I for one am always interested in what other people like and listen to, plus am always on the look out for recommendations and expanding my listening habits.

The Sisters of Mercy - Dominion / Mother Russia

Enigma - T.N.T. For The Brain

Meat Beat Manifesto - Helter Skelter

Last edited by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs; 17th March 2011 at 08:34 PM.