View Single Post
Old 10th September 2008, 04:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

The Innocents ( UK BFI )

Read about this one and heard it was pretty scary. Having now watched it for the first time, all I can say is - they weren't kidding! This is by far the creepiest film I've seen in a hell of a long time. Best b+w horror since Carnival Of Souls - and better than The Haunting ( and that's saying something! ) Brilliant.

Superb set from BFI, including audio commentaries, an introduction / review from Christopher Frayling and a glossy booklet. HMV are now selling this one for a tenner. What are you waiting for??!

Beyond The Door ( R1 Code Red )

Excellent crossover of Rosemary's Baby and The Exorcist from the glorious 70s. Also known as The Devil Within Her ( which is the title used on screen at the beginning of the film ). Genuinely creepy in places and with some truly bizarre sequences ( including the 'nose flute' scene! )

( Mono ) audio isn't the greatest, which is a pity, as it has a groovy jazzy soundtrack and some creepy sound effects. However, the pq is excellent - I doubt if it's been any better. Some good interviews here too, with the likes of Juliet Mills and Richard Johnson.

Nice package from Code Red and one of the better Exorcist rip-offs. Recommended.