View Single Post
Old 20th March 2011, 12:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
It was stated earlier in the thread that an HD master of the uncut version would be prepared first and then Deodato would prepare a new edit for Shameless here in the UK. So I presume that someone is paying for an HD restoration of the uncut version, so hopefully that will surface on BD, uncut, somewhere on the continent. I just hope that this revisionist version isn't seen as a way of displacing the original version.
yup thats what I said in more detail

and about being hypocrites, I myself am a vegi and I hate the animal scenes but I never forgot that they were made when I watch the animal free version. I mainly watch it so I dont have to gag and watch the animal stuff. Yes thats kinda hypocritical but I cant hate the film and not watch it as its a very important piece of movie history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigandya View Post
That was always my fear, that Deodato was preparing a "new" version for the world, to make amends for past sins.

Counter to that the sceptic inside me saw this as Deodato preparing a "new" version to cater for the BBFC, rather than for any other reason.

If this "new" version is released in other territories, on its own merits (as in, not coupled with an uncut version) then I'll accept Deodato believes what he says... otherwise I'm afraid I'll remain sceptical.
I very much doubt the new version is him making amends as he cant honestly think that doing that will change anything. This is a UK edit and its obviously going to be to cater for the BBFC so we get to see a "better" version of the film minus the stuff that they dont like instead of a badly cut original version.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 20th March 2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Merged because there were two posts in as many minutes