View Single Post
Old 14th February 2008, 08:35 PM
Active Cultist

Peter,

Re: the rambo thing I ve mentioned Bava's Blastfighter a few times- pretty much a first blood clone, incidentally, I ve just been reading that incidentally Fulci was due to direct Blastfighter, now that I cannot imagine, dunno why but it wouldn't seem right,

as for the net thing thats definately the future for cult cinema (especially as net useage increases, as net sales is a growing sector of the economy as christmas sales this year illustrated- one of the few growth sectors of British retail). There was very little Shameless in Cardiff HMV when I was down the city the other week though I was not therefor an impulse buy but to hopefully pick up Black Cat- but in terms of my Italiana collecting I run at 90% internet purchases- a HMV Cardiff does not really offer much those who dig eurocrime or giallo aside from the diminishing Vipco catalogue they offer, given that they seem to have so few of the current Shameless titles on display. The horror section of HMV should by now be looking more and more yellow now as it was a sea of black when vipco were at their peak of DVD output. Sadly though in Cardiff at least, this has not been the case.

My blog has moved house: Italian Film Review Blog