View Single Post
Old 25th March 2011, 08:38 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Watched the Blu-ray at the weekend, after buying blind. Yep that's right, I'd never seen it before. Always put off by Grace. Think I'd only ever seen her beat the crap out of Russell Harty and always thought of her as being a bit "Up herself".

What can I say? I'd missed out on one of the greats. Grace was fantastic. Deede was stunning and very funny. I loved it and it will get a lot of multiple viewings.

I was absolutely knocked out by the picture quality. Top work for a 25 year old no-budget flick.

One of the classic '80s comedy/horror/vampire films. Right up there with The Lost Boys, Fright Night and My Best Friend is a Vampire.
It's nice reading things like this - I spent years trying to persuade clients to pick this film up and for many of them it was trapped in a rights limbo no one seemed to be able to pull apart but Arrow persisted where others didn't and now new people get to discover a film I always thought deserved to sit amongst the classics of the 80s - pulling off a horror comedy blend with style is tough work but Vamp, for me, delivers.