View Single Post
Old 26th March 2011, 11:38 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
So, look at Arrow's Blu releases so far .... now how many of these WERE shot in HD sound? None!!! Yes the original audio is very important, as is the overall cinematic A/V experience. The sound 5.1 DTS-HD on The Beyond is awesome, so where is it for the others?

The Beyond

English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and original English and Italian mono audio options

…..

Inferno

Optional 7.1 DTS-HD/2.0 Stereo Audio

…..

Battle Royale

5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, Stereo Audio options.

…..

Day Of The Dead

5.1 DTS HD Master Audio and 1.0 Mono audio options.

…..

Dawn Of The Dead

Optional 7.1 DTS-HD/2.0 Stereo Audio

…..

Caligula

5.0 DTS HD or 2.0 Stereo

…..

City Of The Living Dead

7.1 DTS HD 5.1 DTS HD 5.1 2.0 Stereo

…..

AND THEN THINGS BEGAN TO FALL APART FOR US ARGENTO FANS.

Deep Red

Optional Dolby 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio/Stereo Italian Audio and Mono/Stereo English Audio (NO English 5.1)

Phenomena

2.0 Stereo (Eh?!)

…..

Tenebrae

1.0 Mono (An Insult!)

Bird With Crystal Plumage

1.0 Mono (An Insult Again!)

Starting to wonder
So am i, Sargento!

I hate to confess it but i'm starting to feel that perhaps Arrow's standards are starting to slip ever so slightly. I do stress the word 'Perhaps', however!

Despite Phenomena being a fine package this release could've benefitted from the Creepers cut imo. After all, A Bay Of Blood and Deep Red boasted more than one version of the movie in question. So why not Argento's supernatural shocker?

Then there's the compromised widescreen affair afforded to TBWTCP. Plenty of forum members blood boiling over this decision no doubt and understandably so especially in the face of BU's previous full ratio HD presentation. I also admit i was hoping for more bonus material on Arrow's BR edition.

At least Tenebrae seems a suitably solid contribution with plenty of extras. That said, i'll be holding on to my old ABUS and ABUK DVDs along with any other SD version i own of Argento's popular Giallo purely for their own relevant supplementary additions. I only hope Arrow give Tenebrae a much needed boost where PQ is concerned as i've never seen a truly great looking transfer of the film.