View Single Post
Old 31st March 2011, 11:46 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
indeed, revisionism is rife though....i cant speak as ive only the odd vipco release.
my Screamtime COTLD does have the CC commmentary!! (as does my loverly Arrow one)
people should remember that not aw of us live in cities and have had limited access to the internet sometimes. after i finally got hold of some of these films, after YEARS of only reading about them or paying extortionate prices for dupes etc, i can only say "any port in a storm" where possession of something is better than nothing, hence why i was so pissed off when my mate turned his nose up at 4FoGV in poundland. after recently acquiring a vhs of BLOOD FOR DRACULA and watching it was a real wake up call...P&S print, fuzzy, poor sound. can only imagine even a 4:3 dvd would still look better. but this was the case for YEARS, when the industry finally began to cater for film fans after many a call to arms ahem!! Finally to recap. people are spoiled now for choice of prints...and collecting is part and parcel of "being a horror fan" i find. i thought we werent allowed to slag off other people's tastes anyhow???
Well said. I wasn't slagging off Maniac's tastes, the point that I was trying to put across was that Vipco aren't just some fly by night shysters, but rather have been on the go (ok with some large periods of absence) since the late 1970s!