View Single Post
Old 4th April 2011, 03:19 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Bbfc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinduCow View Post
I have written about the BBFC on a few occasions (one of my articles can be found under 'A Serbian Film – In The Cut' on the littlewhitelies website) and the fact that the issue is over a pretty in-your-face rape scene of a disabled victim that is placed as an exploitative drive for the main character in a US cheapy means the BBFC will certainly want to give it short shrift. Rape is still the final hurdle of the nasties era that still remains the one area of zero tolerance if it appears in a film the BBFC will no doubt consider to be exploitative guff. I hope it gets through though because it's one the the best examples of its genre and really has to be seen uncut.
As you said, this is the last hurdle for the BBFC. although we have seen many examples of rape in film being passed without cuts, the issues that surround this particular scene are the factors that will encourage the BBFC to bring out the scissors. The scene in question is particularly difficult to watch, however, that is the intention, it enables the audience to really feel the pain of Brenda and securely justify her actions.

In this particular case, i would like to see the BBFC pass this uncut, and as a comprimise, put a warning on the box that some scenes conntain scenes of an extremely disturbing nature.