View Single Post
Old 7th April 2011, 07:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Have to say I'm a little disappointed, and feel I've been mislead slightly during the whole process, and I don't mean to cause offence by that, it's genuinely just how I feel. It sounded very much like this was limited, and that there was a batch or batches out there that were the corrected version (why else would we need to check to see if we've had the monochrome version). The please allow up to 21 days for processing led me to believe it wouldn't nearly take as long as it has. Hearing the two to three weeks figure for production and then hearing it only went into production earlier this week? Sorry, and I don't mean to sound like I'm moaning, but I genuinely feel a little mislead.

It's an unfortunate situation, and I'm not going to hold it against Arrow Video (mistakes happen), I'd be insane to, considering they're one of the few places committing such niche classics to Blu-ray goodness, and out of all the titles I've bought on Blu from them, this is the first time anything like this has happened. I just hope in the future, they're a bit more forthcoming to people who have purchased their discs and are awaiting a replacement. Perhaps as it's such a new medium and Arrow haven't dealt with a situation like this, they weren't themselves sure on a time frame, but I hope they learn from it, and in future things are more clearly conveyed.

Like I said, I don't hold it against Arrow, and I don't think I have said anything out of turn and believe it's all constructive, just passing on how I genuinely feel.