View Single Post
Old 11th April 2011, 11:31 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Plus, you have to realise that Deodato himself is overseeing this edit, so it can almost be viewed as Cannibal Holocaust: The Director's Cut.

Many films are re-released in different cuts depending on certain parties preferences - look at Blade Runner as an example.

I think people tend to get hung-up on what 'uncut' can mean sometimes. All films are edited before release, plus 'extended versions' of some films add absolutely nothing to the story, on occasions.

I don't think that the proposed BBFC approved version will lose any of its raw visceral impact through the loss of 14 seconds of a muskrat being killed, and I am really pleased that this film has got through virtually unscathed.

I have uncut DVD releases, but will definitely be picking this up in HD. It will be very interesting to see Deodato's revised version, too; he has admitted to regretting the animal violence on many occasions, so with that in mind I'm not sure why people are complaining - it's not as if he's being forced to make it, or that they are being forced to buy it, either.