View Single Post
Old 12th April 2011, 12:25 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
I think we've already been over this exact same argument in the other thread for this release so I'd rather not dredge it up again if you don't mind.

Can we leave this thread for discussion of the BBFC's advice and Shameless's decision to release both versions of the film please?

Not saying don't discuss the animal cruelty as it's part of the BBFC's advice, but not people's decisions as to whether they want to watch it or not which is a personal choice as I'm sure we can appreciate.

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using Tapatalk
I really didn't think I was 'dredging' anything up, merely commenting on the animal violence, which relates directly to the recent BBFC advice regarding the film. But, I apologise anyway. For what, I'm not exactly sure, but I'm apologising anyway.

My point really was this: I don't like films like Faces of Death and that ilk, I really don't like the subject matter at all, so I avoid it. At the same time, I wouldn't expect those films to be censored to make them more palatable to me. They are what they are and so I don't watch them. The same applies to Cannibal Holocaust - it is what it is, if you don't like it, don't watch it. But why should it be censored to make it more platable for you? That was my only point.

Like I say, I applaud Shameless for taking the brave step of releasing this notorious film and I am definitely interested in seeing Deodato's revised edit. Also, if the BBFC do only ask for 14 secs of cuts, then that will truly be a landmark moment.

Anyway....I'll say no more on the matter....for now.