View Single Post
Old 12th April 2011, 01:01 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I really didn't think I was 'dredging' anything up, merely commenting on the animal violence, which relates directly to the recent BBFC advice regarding the film. But, I apologise anyway. For what, I'm not exactly sure, but I'm apologising anyway.
I wasn't looking for an apology but thank you anyway. Perhaps I phrased what I said badly. All I meant was that this exact same point (with regards to if people don't like it then they shouldn't watch the film) has been made on the other Cannibal Holocaust thread and I don't see any point in posting it again on this thread. Especially as, if I remember rightly, it's a point that does seem to get quite a few people's backs up.

At the end of the day, it's a personal choice of what people want to watch. If people want to steer clear of the film altogether in protest of the animal cruelty then that's up to them. If people want to watch the film fully uncut, that's their choice. And if people want to experience the film without the animal cruelty then that's no one's business but their own. (I personally have an uncut version but I fast forward or shut my eyes through the animal scenes.)

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the film should be cut to cater for their tastes, but the fact is that this new edit shall be in existence soon so why shouldn't the people who do want an animal-cruelty-free version be happy about that? After all, as many keep saying, the fully uncut version is easy enough to get hold of for those who want that.

Basically, I'm all for everyone having their own opinion and not being penalised for it. And for everyone to enjoy the film in the way they want to enjoy it.

Although preferably not while munching on a turtle sandwich...

That would be wrong...