View Single Post
Old 21st September 2008, 05:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Yeah mate, I agree with you there.

I find fake snuff films to be crap. There has been the odd really short loop that has made me say WTF!, but after the initial surprise, a 2nd view shows it to clearly be fake.

I prefer a film with a snuff theme that takes you into the world of the persons involved, thats more interesting to me than a bad fake gore job. Though I would never ever want to see a real snuff film.
I have no interest in seeing one either mate. I've seen real deaths in things like 'The Killing of America' and 'Black Sun: The Nanking Massacre' etc. and thats disturbing enough. I'd much rather watch something like 8mm which is a really great film. Like you said It takes you to a place you dont feel comfortable in but yet are fascinated by and cant take your eyes off (even if it is briefly).

Theres a scene in AU's Penance where the killers do a home invasion on christmas eve which is so far beyond horrible, thats one of the only scenes I've ever seen which I truly found disturbing. I think these films are made more as endurance tests than entertaining horror films. I'd much rather watch a horror with a snuff theme.