Thread: Games Talk
View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2008, 04:05 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I played Half Life. Your right it is a good FPS, though I thought the sequel was to pulzley .

A PS3's a good piece of kit Hal, you get a BluRay player which is regulary updated by download to keep it at the cutting edge of Hi Def Tech , a Web Browser, which gives full internet access, ( Thats how I surf), a DVD Upscaler, 7.1 sound, True HD Gaming, (360 dos'nt do True HD), A 10 year support promise from Sony to support the system and keep it updated in all tech areas, plus many add ons including a Digital TV box witch can pause and record live TV. Not bad for under 300 quid, with a possible price cut or money saving bundle coming soon.
An HD TV is needed to ger the full benfits outta the machine though.
Plus it will be a few years yet before developers get full preformance outta the games cpu's in PS3 were as the X360 will be maxed out with the next generation of games according to some developers.

Thats not to say the 360's not a good Gaming machine, cos it is an excellent games console, and with a 129.99 starting price point i'll be picking one up soon for the MS exclusives.
BTW, The 360 wont Upscale DVD's unless its the black 'Elite' model. RRP 259.99.