View Single Post
Old 14th April 2011, 06:45 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

I just about went and "liked" every single post in this thread
Yes, Yes and Yes from me!
I think both formats would be great - I'll defiinately be buying whatever is available - even if the both formats are seperate releases, this is already a definate pre order for me!

So many great options have been recommended already: soundtrack, comic book, statue, autographs, etc
I know we'll probably get the chance to discuss extras later - so i won't dwell on this too much: but I believe some history behind the film in this country is a must. Whether that be included as extras on the disc, or maybe as a booklet? It could have a foreward written by someone like Marc Morris / Jake West and could have copies of newspaper articles, etc on the film from back in the whole "Ban This Sick Filth" era, as well as a timeline of UK releases and BBFC cut statuses just to show how far the BBFC has come.
Anyway, enough of that for now - I'm sure we'll get the chance to discuss all the extras later

As for the packaging, just as many great ideas have already been mentioned - maybe if the idea goes ahead Shameless could narrow it down to a few suggestions and then could open it to a vote later?

I do think that the old Go video artwork is a must - at least on the limited editions. It's a big part of the history of the film in this country - the old Video Nasty cover and the one that helped cause so much controversy 30 years ago!
Also, while I'm at that point: I know it'll be about 31 years once this is released, but are there any plans to call it something like a "30th Anniversary Edition"? Has a nice sound to it I think