View Single Post
Old 14th April 2011, 07:37 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
I'm sorry, but I am going to have to disagree with you there. Africa Addio AKA Farewell Africa and Addio Zio Tom AKA Goodbye Uncle Tom are two indefensible films IMO. From racism to horrible, horrible animal cruelty and much more these two 'films' cover all the vilest traits of man unflinchingly. Now I love a good balanced documentary, but I would class these two as sensationalist.

I know that there will probably be some people jumping down my throat for saying the above, but I can tolerate most films and these are in a very rare breed that I found repulsive. Pure exploitation for the sake of it.
Goodbye Uncle Tom is a very interesting and powerful film that makes its point using brutally realistic means. It certainly accomplishes its goal of portraying the horrors of slavery in as realistic a fashion as possible.

Unfortunately, the making of the film is a catalogue of horrors in itself, and probably has no place in this thread. If you aren't familiar with the behind the scenes stuff, look it up, it is absolutely atrocious.

Twitch - We Know Stuff