View Single Post
Old 14th April 2011, 09:15 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Stephen you need to remedy that immediately!
The Optimum transfer is superb!

Others worthy of mention include;

Alligator with Robert Forster and Frankie Five Angels from The Godfather Part II.

Ken Russell's demented(Aren't they all?) sci-fi/horror hybrid ALTERED STATES with William Hurt and some pretty stunning images.

Ulli Lommel's best film by far,THE BOGEY MAN which rips off a few films,but is still daftly enjoyable.

Cannibal Apocalypse directed by Antonio Margheriti with genre faves John Saxon and Giovani Lombardo Radice who develops a taste for flesh after captivity in Vietnam!

Alvin Rakoff's DEATH SHIP.Starry cast come to inventive ends on a Nazi ghost ship.The love boat this ain't!
Excellent disc from Marc Morris's Nucleus label.

Arthur Jeffrey's DEMENTED-The title says it all in this one,a rape flick which needs a dvd release!
It was,by the way,written by Alex Rebar-director of the '77 classic THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN.

DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE!-Directed by Robert Hammer,this really needs to be seen uncut to appreciate how sleazy it is!

HE KNOW'S YOU'RE ALONE with a fleeting debut by a very young Tom Hanks,another one which 'acknowledges' HALLOWEEN.

One of my all time favourites-HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP released here on video as MONSTER.
This one has it ALL!
Boobs,bums violence monsters,Doug McClure,Vic Morrow-what more could you ask for?!
And all directed by a female,Barbara Peeters,although the rumour goes that old man Corman had some input.....
Now released uncut-EVERY fan of horror needs to get this!

INFERNO-Argento's 2nd in the 'Madre' trilogy.Nuff said.

MACABRE-Bava Jnr's best film IMO.Cool,cool,cool.

Legendary Brit horror director Roy Ward Baker gave us the cracking anthology THE MONSTER CLUB with an all star cast.There's a nice disc out,but this could be doing with the SE treatment.

Now,if you want a comic variation on The Texas Chain Saw Massacre,then MOTEL HELL is worth seeking out!
Rory Calhoun stars as farmer Vincent-fine purveyour of smoked meat fritters....the end duel in this one is worth the price alone.
Directed by Kevin Connor,who also directed that other '80's favourite THE HOUSE WHERE EVIL DWELLS with the delectable Ms Susan George.

MOTHER'S DAY gave us anther rape 'n' revenge flick which upped the sales of DRANO as a self defence weapon.....

Now here's one of those films which should be spoken in the same journals of Bergman,Passollini and their ilk.
I am of course referring to James C Wasson's NIGHT OF THE DEMON-The best bigfoot film ever made bar none,and DESPERATELY needing a UK release......listening anyone?

PROM NIGHT Gave us Jamie Lee again and Leslie Nielson disco dancing.....

David Paulsen's SCHIZOID gave us psychotherapy with not much of a surprise ending-another though that needs dredging up on dvd.

WATCHER IN THE WOODS starred the legendary Bette Davis,was directed by John Hough and produced by Walt Disney.
I'm not a fan of this one,but I thought I'd mention it.
Brian Clemens who also wrote CAPTAIN KRONOS VAMPIRE HUNTER and DR JEKYLL AND SISTER HYDE,along with The Professionals and The Avengers,has a writing credit.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.