View Single Post
Old 14th April 2011, 11:18 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
And I love the way that almost all of your posts here are negative. Anything positive to say? Come on, there must be something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My most recent Arrow purchase was The Beyond so clearly very little positive to say about that.

Before that it was Phenomena and Inferno .
I think my negativity on that was confined to the customary expected dreadful artwork .

My other comments relate to Arrows quite stupid decision to crop Argentos BWTCP - although the locking of the thread and the other posts show I'm not alone on that one but I am greatful that my Blue Underground dvd will now be so much easier to sell.

If you look through my posts properly you will see that I do give praise where its deserved.

I don't give praise for releasing uncut films on dvd that I've had uncut for a decade or more (in fact I don't comment on those as I don't buy them) nor releasing cut films on Bluray.

I was hoping that the forum was not created as an Arrow/Shameless lovefest despite numerous comments on other forums claiming otherwise .

For a long term horror fan the comments about being greatful for censored releases and buying titles just to keep Arrow in business are met with a smile more than anything else.

I buy films in their best version and I would have thought most others would too.
That immediately rules out cut films whether they are authorised by the director or not and whether thats footage or just the ratio .
I won't buy films in versions I don't want simply to keep Arrow in business.
If they were to close then somebody somewhere would meet the demand.

Sorry to sound negative all the time but I support Arrow where I can and when they release titles I want I'll buy them but I like to think that pointing out that I won't buy cut or cropped films would be met with Arrow perhaps thinking about their choices and as long as its within their power perhaps changing things .

Maybe I still hold a subsconsicous grudge against Arrow for their laughable releases of The Brood and Scanners all those years ago.