View Single Post
Old 15th April 2011, 11:20 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtom View Post
The picture quality on The Beyond was disappointing to say the least and certainly not comparable to other Blurays I have .
As the faulty disc was only 7Gb for the movie it seems logical that the pictures will be better on the dual layer disc . If its not then why bother with a 50GB disc for a 7Gb movie.

The DTS track was dull
De gustibus non est disputandum. This nice sentence also protects strange views about picture and sound quality such as yours.

However, I think when it comes to your sound criticism the problem ist not a technical one of the disc but more one of the listener's ears - I have to admit, though, that it may be a matter of the reference unit chosen. Compared to some modern day blockbuster the sound may indeed be a little dated, but as an early 80s horror flick's sound it's absolutley great. Just stating that the DTS track was "dull" is not enough as a valid criticism - and I can't think of any clearness-, dynamic-, loudness- or whatever problem that could be brought up as an argument against the sound quality of Arrow's release.

Maybe - and like the whole comment it is only meant in a friendly spirit - it's just the case that you pitch your hopes too high. Most of the customer's are already happy about the definitive quality release that Arrow brought us here, despite those little itty bitty problems. In the meantime, you could buy a better version of the movie - if you can find one.

Greetings!