View Single Post
Old 15th April 2011, 02:11 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinncent View Post
Do you go by the length of a film when you choose what to see? OMG!! You can always see the "Creepers" version it would probably fit you better!

Yeah, it sounded a little bit like "I don't like long movies". I should have stated that I prefer horror/scary/spooky/gore/giallo/... movies that don't run too many minutes.

However, there are movies that are quite lengthy yet loved by me: "A Bridge Too Far", "La Nuit de Varennes", "Grindhouse",... those movies need some more minutes and that's alright as they are fantastic nearly every second; speaking of horror movies, it would be "Dawn of the Dead" fitting into that category.

But in general I keep it with movies in the way I keep it with books - why having many minutes (pages), when it is more effective to cut it short?

As a good-paced horror flick I'd mention "Bay of Blood" or "Pieces" (and yes, I know, the last title is a nasty cheesy cheap movie - but nevertheless great).

So, as you might have guessed already - minutes is not the only thing that counts for me, but nevertheless it's one thing that I consider before/when/after watching a movie.

Greetings!

PS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
The Phenomena release is quite superb and the film is extremely enjoyable despite not being Argento's best. There are many things to like, particularly the soundtrack and Arrow have really given this the treatment it deserves. If you want a slightly longer review than that, check out the one on my website.
Thanks! I'll read it right away.