View Single Post
Old 19th April 2011, 12:46 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
i do think we do need the bbfc, but it should only be for censoring illegal images, nothing simulated should ever be censored though.
i mean, the line has to be drawn somewhere of course, and i think the bbfc are getting very close to realising where that line actually is, and shameless seem to be breaking some serious ground in this regard, they'll be in the history books for it no doubt.
I agree to a point, except for the fact that if something is illegal, it can't be released legitimately in the UK anyway, censorship or no censorship - if it's illegal, it's disallowed.

However, the BBFC interpret law to suit themselves. There's nothing illegal about House on the Edge of Park unless the BBFC decide it is, then it becomes law. That is to say, anything the BBFC cut is legally binding and not allowed to be distributed in the UK. Anything not carrying a BBFC certificate (unless it's exempt from classification) is illegal to sell or distribute in the UK - even if it's a Disney film. It's a ridiculous system.