View Single Post
Old 19th April 2011, 12:52 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
I'm for classification but not censorship.

It's fair enough that advice should be given as to what is suitable for what age groups and it's also fair enough that children's access to certain materials should be restricted.

But things shouldn't be censored or banned to achieve this (unless, as Rhodes says, they are illegal images).

Unfortunately, though, Shameless do have to abide by UK law so we can only remain hopeful that the BBFC are starting to realise where the line should be drawn and will pass this uncut.
I agree, Sarah, the BBFC should take away those Illegal images, but not Censor what THEY think adults shouldnt see. I personally am against Rape and Animal Torture, but i think I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE is a classic film, from the point of the revenge of the Jennifer character.....the men abused her, she takes her own revenge. and Cannibal Holocaust, It is the westerners who are the problem, not the Cannibal tribe, who are only protecting themselves from what the film crew did. Same as the revenge in HOUSE BY THE EDGE OF THE PARK........If we DONT see the Crime being committed, the Revenge attacks become the crime and a movie ends up pointless.