View Single Post
Old 19th April 2011, 05:18 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
It's not that I prefer DVD to Blu-ray, it's just it makes more economic sense to me at the moment.New, legitimate DVD releases are hardly bootleg quality you know.
What size and type of monitor do you watch them on? On my 42" HDTV DVDs really show their imperfections. Soft picture, mosquito noise etc. I'd much prefer to watch a BD. And as people over time switch to larger HDTV's they'll also notice the drop in quality and BD will gradually grow in popularity.

All the arguments being used against BD are like reading people's reactions to DVD when it first came out and said that VHS was good enough. We all know how that turned out.

At some point, when the studios want to give BD a big push, they'll simply stop manufacturing DVDs and force the market. Mark my words, that day isn't far off. The studios are being forced to sell their films at rock bottom prices on DVD at the moment and they won't do that for much longer, trust me. DVD will be a thing of the past before long. The turning point, I believe, will be when BD burners become a de facto standard in PCs.