View Single Post
Old 20th April 2011, 07:35 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I see what you mean now -- is the edge enhancement you noticed visible from your normal seating position as that photo must have been taken from very close to the screen? I would imagine that a certain degree of pixelisation would be noticeable if you went right up to the screen in your local multiplex.
Of course that's true, I did go and look, but only because I noticed it and when a scene has a lot of it, and its moving, it does become a distraction. I posted the pix originally because I thought the 'caps' looked a lot worse than I remembered it looking in motion. In moderation, DNR/EE is fine, but there are parts of this disc that have a lot, and other bits none at all. There's a lot to like about the transfer.

I don't want to sound too negative, so I should mention how brilliant the soundtrack is. clear and crisp surround effects and dialogue nice and clear with good range and Arrow, thankfully, give you the mono option which is something a lot of companies don't bother with. It's fantastic.

It sounds a hell* of a lot better than I've ever heard it before.

*pun intended.