View Single Post
Old 20th April 2011, 09:57 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I agree!

Last house's cops just ruin the film for me.
The evilness inside the characters in Edge just top Last House imo.
I do think the actual Rape and humiliation in Last House is worse then Edge but the sexual violence in Edge is a little more explicit in Edge.
The humorous police duo really does not fit into that film - if you'd cut out those scenes, the film would become more believable, I think. Just think of our police - they do stupid things, yeah, they fail doing their job sometimes, yeah; but they never get as silly as those two guys in LHOTL.

As to David Alexander Hess - I'm afraid of him in both movies; I think there are few people that can top him playing crazy and dangerous killers. His performances - laugh at me, if you like - sometimes are very close to winning some actor's award. However, the imbecile partner of Hess in HOTEOTP (Radice) is more realistic than the mixed-up gang in LHOTL - as the partnership in HOTEOTP is clearly one leader and one follower; a thing you can find out on street more than once (which is a sad thing ). It's closer to reality than the combination "deranged sadistic father", "stupid influenceable son", "lesbian sadistic b*tch" and "knife-loving sadistic madman".

The final twist in HOTEOTP is a less believable than the ending of Last House - but that does not reduce the intensity of the first-mentioned movie. A horror fan has to see them both - but HOTEOTP is tougher in my eyes; a really angry and evil flick.

Greetings!