View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2011, 08:27 PM
Cultist in Training

Send a message via AIM to evilzombie20

Got my replacement disc today - it's got the sepia tone opening.

It still has the aforementioned sync issues, I noticed one in particular - there's also a frame that repeats itself for a few seconds as well.

It's kind of strange the way it happens, it's the scene where the plumber Joe's eye is gouged out, the last few frames of that scene suddenly repeat...but comparing it to my AB disc - it's not cut, the scene ends where it's supposed to, you see the skin rip from the eye socket - but for some reason, it repeats the last few seconds.

I'm not sure if that's something on the master or a technical error but I do have to say while I am happy to have the replacement disc, and that Arrow went through all the work they did to fix the initial problem - however, this disc is far from perfect.

I think delaying this release and going over it with a fine tooth comb before issuing out replacements would have been the best, and financially sound, option - but this is what we are left with. And again, no disrespect to Arrow or anything of the sort - I'm thrilled they went through what they did to provide us with the correct version of the film...but would have preferred it to not have any further errors that could have been fixed.

Big thanks to Arrow for supplying us fans with these replacement discs, it's companies like them that make me proud to be a fan of these kinds of films.