View Single Post
Old 27th April 2011, 07:41 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Question Your Favourite Horror Film from 2004

2004 was a pretty lean year for decent horror films, especially as my tastes veer off from the mainstream quite extremely here. For instance, I'm guessing Shawn of Dead will be most people's choice, but I personally can't stand the film; ditto Creep and Seed of Chucky. The terrible Grudge remake and Resident Evil: Apocalypse are also some of the so-called highlights, although please excuse my cynicism if you happen to love the aforementioned films.

However, which one is your favourite? What makes it special to you? When did you first see it? Would you recommend it to the uninitiated?

Sometimes it's a hard decision to just pick one film (even when you're limiting it to a single year!), but my favourite film of 2004 is...

Hellevator - Hiroki Yamaguchi

Another far eastern gem takes the top spot in what is slowly becoming a asian-biased decade. However, it is certainly not a barrel-scrape of a pick as it is a truly fascinating (if strange) film. Taking place mostly in an elevator and carrying with it a very acidic tinge of humour, Hellevator is certainly recommended to any fan of either Asian or independent horror cinema.

Trailer:

Runners Up:
The Card Player
Dawn of the Dead
Dead and Breakfast
Dead Birds
Dumplings
The Ordeal
Sars Wars: Bangkok Zombie Crisis
Saw
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MV5BMzIxMjA5MTI2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjMyNzI5MQ@@._V1._SY317_CR4,0,214,317_.jpg (21.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg hellevator008.jpg (24.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg hellevator003.jpg (26.4 KB, 0 views)