View Single Post
Old 29th April 2011, 10:54 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I do understand where you're coming from. If you're going to fix something, you may as well get it all fixed. I think Arrow were in a no win situation tbh. Some peole would say fair enough, take all the time you need to fix it, and others (the ones who were ripping arrow to shreds in the first place), would have had a field day if they said it will take some more time before the dics are ready.
Quite right. For many people, it runs in the blood. They prefer complaining about things they don't know all details about (although Arrow is very transparent compared to other companies). I own about 1,500 discs (DVD and Blu-ray) and numerous VHS and if I look at all those releases on the wrong day, I find errors in at least 90% of them.

To keep it simple: sometimes I get the feeling that we live in a world where everybody knows exactly what rights he has - but only very few live up to their own high standards. Those complaining about what Arrow could have done better in the first place: well, I'm sure they're all never late at work, they never shout at their wives and, of course, they never exceed the speed limits. As they all know exactly how things run.

Speaking for myself, I am very happy with the job Arrow is doing and those 17 releases I own are fantastic in my book. And as to those little itty bitty mistakes in their releases - let them who only have flawless releases cast the first stone!

Greetings!

PS: And once again - no, I do not forbid somebody to speak critically. But the principle of proportionality should always be taken into account.

Update: replacement Blu-ray arrived today - another satisfied customer!

Last edited by Prince_Vajda; 29th April 2011 at 12:04 PM.