View Single Post
Old 7th May 2011, 11:17 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Watched Vigilante (1983) last night.
I thought Robert Forster and Fred Williamson were really good,Forster even excellent in this one.
Nice to see Joe Spinell pop up as well btw.
A grim crime film that manages to be thought provoking.

I was just about to buy the AWE release of this, then saw the BD trailer from Blue Underground on YouTube . It looks very good indeed and I'm looking forward to picking it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
It's Alive - I was expecting this to be a lot more trashy but, for a film about a killer newborn, it's actually quite understated and I found the ending quite poignant (or maybe I'm just getting soft ). The other 2 films in the trilogy are in my to-watch pile so looking forward to checking them out too.

Manhunt - now this one isn't quite so understated! Almost deviod of any plot, this is a standard backwoods slasher but such as it is, it does the job just fine. Plus, it's always good to hear David Hess' soothing tones in any soundtrack! Well worth the £1 I paid for it in Poundland

It's Alive - yeah, I saw that one not long ago and really enjoyed it as well; in fact I've only just recently found out that there were sequals, too.

I've got Manhunt - absolute quality; didn't realise that was David Hess on there!

I've just finished watching Murder Party and thought it was excellent. A very intelligent film with some great performances; in fact I'm sure I recognised a few of the faces. I couldn't help but notice shades of Driller Killer in it, and also Night Of The Demons - although of course the film is very different to those two .