View Single Post
Old 9th May 2011, 01:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

good point, I find it hilarious that peeps have to be saved from an obviously fake shot in 'NYR' and then put their coats on and go see 'hostel 6' or whatever at the multiplex, and isn't the eyeball sequence worse than the edited frames that precede it, by 'grim' I meant that feeling you get when others into horror/slashers trash the flick after you bring it up, it's that invisible line of taste i guess, and I have to say i see the mark of Fulci all over 'NYR' both good and bad, love the daily grind of the cops, but must he zoom to extreme close up every time so much as drop of blood is spilt, the first murder for example, maybe shot thru back window of the car with blood flying and screams of victim instead of close up of knife into flesh, don't mind me second guessing Lucio, just more like 'Texas chainsaw' than 'hostel', don't know about you guys, but i often go "why didn't they shoot it this way or that" when i watch a scene like that in 'NYR'...and theirs still some idiot quacking at my door.