Old 11th May 2011, 07:43 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Only ever seen it once.

Brian Cox is a terrific actor though. Have you seen Red? A star turn from Brian in that one.
I enjoyed Red as it was fairly obvious Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren and John Malkovich (who chews the scenery throughout) were having a blast on set and when you have Brian Cox -- with a decent Russian accent -- and Richard Dreyfus in supporting roles acting as well as they did, that just about makes the film. Also, Mary-Louise Parker was really good as the long-suffering love interest. It's not a great film, but it's extremely watchable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
Ooh,don't know about that Nos.....I had the pleasure of seeing Silence when it was on the big screen......One of my favourites.
A film I never tire of watching.

You'd never know MANHUNTER and SILENCE were both based on the same book,would you?
Although Manhunter features a better Lecter/Lecktor, who isn't as camp as the Anthony Hopkins one, I agree The Silence of the Lambs is possibly superior because Jonathan Demme's direction is brilliant.

If you just look at adaptations of the book Red Dragon, Manhunter is head and shoulders above the piece of nonsense that Brett Ratner made years later despite the likes of Philip Seymour Hoffman, Anthony Hopkins, Harvey Keitel, Ed Norton, Mary-Louise Parker and Emily Mortimer in the cast. What a waste of A-List actors.